Pandora Playback Shows a New Side to Luh Tyler

Photo by Carson Ming, Photo and Video Editor

By Hunter Bonaparte, Arts & Entertainment Editor 

Music lovers and aspiring artists stopped by Morehouse’s Bank of America auditorium to attend the highly anticipated Pandora Playback with Luh Tyler. The young rapper sat down with Fly Guy DC to talk about his life and answer questions from the audience.

Joshua “J1” Raiford, Vice President of Music Programming at Pandora and a Morehouse alumni, was an influential presence throughout the evening. He spoke on his creation, Pandora Playback, and his views on the industry today.

“The advantage that your generation has more than mine is access to information and technology,” Raiford said. 

Raiford’s goal with Pandora Playback and Luh Tyler’s appearance was to inspire and inform those in attendance. 

Many came with similar hopes in mind. One audience member was especially intrigued by what they could learn from Luh Tyler’s career experiences.

“[I’m] excited to hear about the creative writing process and insight on the artist’s life while they’re dropping music,” Morehouse junior Ivan Newton said.

Joe Pecot, another Morehouse junior,  wanted to know: “How he blew up so quickly.” As the evening continued, Luh Tyler took questions from the audience. This showed a more relatable side to the artist. 

When speaking on his motivation to become a musician, Luh Tyler said, “I wanted to be rich, but I didn’t wanna do nothing.”

Despite being younger than most AUC students, the Florida rapper has a strong fanbase amongst the student body.

“I definitely [listen to Luh Tyler], my favorite song is ‘2 Slippery’ featuring Bossman Dlow,” senior Morehouse senior and SGA Vice President Josiah Harris said.

Harris’ review seemed to reflect the general enthusiasm surrounding Luh Tyler. His visit and willingness to share his perspective enriched the AUC. Pandora’s contribution to the early school year festivities won’t go unnoticed, and the student body eagerly awaits the next fresh and exciting visitor.

Copy Edited by Editor-in-Chief, Colin Royal