Lil Durk, Young Nudy and Veeze to Headline 2023 Homecoming

Image via CASA

By: Bradley Morrison, Staff Writer 

Homecoming season is officially set to begin, as Morehouse College’s Campus Alliance for Student Activities (CASA) and Spelman College’s Programming for Unique and Lively Spelman Experience (PULSE) revealed the headliners for the 2023 Homecoming Concert earlier this evening during Hump Wednesday. Titled The Showcase, the concert  will feature Lil Durk and friends,Veeze and Young Nudy.

With the theme this year being mixtapes, this year’s events will feature “a compilation of events for everyone to enjoy the spirit of Homecoming!” 

Image via PULSE

The reveal featured performances from Philadelphia rapper 2RARE and California rapper Heembeezy along with some special appearances by YouTuber Deshae Frost and his sister Brooklyn Frost.

This year’s Neo-Soul concert (titled The Interlude) has yet to have made announcements.

The initial reactions to this year’s lineup have appeared to be mixed. Students have posted on social media with their opinions. 

“This homecoming line-up shows the true decay of our culture here at Morehouse,” one said.

“It is not what I expected, but I might attend,” said Morehouse sophomore Kenneth Ugo. “I kind of already guessed who was coming.”

With last year’s host and Clark Atlanta University alum, Fly Guy DC, returning there has been speculation that other big names could appear at the concert as a special guest set has been confirmed.

Most notably, last year’s homecoming concert titled 21 Savage & Friends featured guest appearances from the likes of Lil Yachty, Hunxho, Rae Sremmurd, Rubi Rose and even Drake.

“I hope Lil Durk brings out J. Cole”, said Morehouse student Dammion Blackwell. “That would make the concert more entertaining”.

Lil Durk, coming off the release of his album “Almost Healed”, brings tracks such as “Stand by Me”, “B12″ and his Billboard hit, “All My Life”.

Atlanta’s own Young Nudy, coming off arguably one of the best years in his career, brings his recent release ‘”Gumbo” with the hit song featuring former headliner 21 Savage, “Peaches & Eggplants”.

Veeze, debatably the lesser known of the  headliners, comes with underground hits “GOMD” and “Not a Drill”.

The Showcase will be on Wednesday, Oct. 25, while The Interlude will be Tuesday, Oct. 24.

Copy Edited by: Auzzy Byrdsell, Editor in Chief